Will King, CEO of King of Shaves, on taking his shaving products business from year one debt of £30k to #2 in the UK market.
This week SmallBizPod #57, the small business advice podcast, includes an interview with, Will King, CEO of King of Shaves about how he took his shaving products business from £300 sales and a £30,000 loss in year one, to a brand with international ambitions which is already snapping at the heals of market leader Gillette in the UK.
Right click here to download
Click on the play button below to listen now
If you’d like to subscribe free using an RSS feed or better still iTunes, just follow the podcast screencasts to find out how easy it is to make sure you never miss an episode of SmallBizPod.
For those who’d like to download SmallBizPod or listen to it now, right click on the download link or left click on the grey arrow button above to play now.
• 03:42 Interview with Will King, CEO of KMI the makers of King of Shaves. Will talks about the early days of redundancy, stumbling on an idea for a unique shaving prep product and the valley of death and debt his business found itself in during the first couple of years of trading. The conversation also focuses on passion, persistence, common sense and the need for time to build big brands. Alex and Will also talk about the weakness of juggling too many balls, the need for focus, the challenge of building a great team and what visitors at Destination Growth 2007 will learn from Will’s talk.
• 27:12 After his celebrity wedding, Kelvin Jones returns with a diary of a wantrepreneur entry … coming soon!
• 27:41 Paul Anthony and James Hunter get lucky as do SmallBizPod listeners who get 35% off Paul’s web design rates and 25% off James’s business Christmas card deal if SmallBizPod is mentioned on ordering.
• 29:11 email from Jonathan Morris suggesting an episode of the podcast looking at the likes of Linked-In and other online networking tools.
• 30:12 email comment from Gearoid O’Sullivan an Irish photographer studying in New Zealand who prompts thoughts on SmallBizPod covering the topic of creative businesses and how to maintain artistic integrity while still making money.
• 31:06 John Gerrity in Washington on being inspired to think big and his body bottle.
• 31:50 Thanks to all those who’ve signed up to the Frappr Map including Russian listener Dmitry Grafov, ms bowen and David Braziel.
• 34.11 Music – Duke of Hazzard by Blockhead on Ninja Tunes.