Coverage of Budget 2008 and what it means for small businesses, entrepreneurs and startups. Interviews, analysis and practical information to help you understand how the Budget affects your business.
This week SmallBizPod #63, the small business podcast, covers the 2008 Budget, analysing its impact on startups, small businesses and entrepreneurs. The podcast includes interviews, analysis and commentary to help you figure out what matters and what doesn’t in Alistair Darling’s first Budget and how it is going to affect your business in the next 12 months.
Right click here to download the podcast for start-ups, small business and entrepreneurs.
Click on the play button below to listen now
If you’d like to subscribe free using an RSS feed or better still iTunes, just follow the podcast screencasts to find out how easy it is to make sure you never miss an episode of SmallBizPod.
For those who’d like to download SmallBizPod or listen to it now, right click on the download link or left click on the grey arrow button above to play now.
• 00:00 Alex on what’s coming up in the show.
• 01:10 Sage sponsors SmallBizPod and we’re proud that they do.
• 02.22 A quick outline of the key elements of the Budget for SMEs.
• 05:46 Interview with Andrew Jupp, head of tax at Tenon on CGT, entrepreneur’s relief, Small Firms Loan Guarantee scheme, the Enterprise Investment Scheme and income shifting.
• 14:07 Interview with Andrew Cave of the Federation of Small Businesses discusses concerns about non-domestic buildings zero carbon target and the deferral of income shifting rules, and talks about fuel duty, red reduction and access to public procurement.
• 18:06 Interview with Anne Glover, chief executive of Amadeus Capital Partners and chair of a new government advisory committee on SMEs and public procurement announced in today’s Budget. Anne discusses the possibility of setting a goal for SMEs to win 30% of public sector business and also gives her views on the impact of CGT on entrepreneurial investment.
• 24:10 Interview with Phil McCabe of the Forum of Private Business who has concerns about the increasing tax burden on SMEs not mentioned in today’s budget. He also talks about moves to tackle red tape, the Small Business Working group on the Business Council of Britain.
• 29:11 Interview with Emma Hill of writemysite.co.uk, the owner of a copywriting agency in Acton with her views on the budget and the economy.